Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Write31

Well this poor little blog hasn't received the attention I first thought it would. Life has been crazy lately. Even the wilted flowers on my porch tell of the busyness. But I have so many things that I want to share. Craft ideas, funny stories, and just random thoughts that need a place to breathe.

So I decided to take a challenge. I am joining write3ldays.com and writing something everyday for 31 days. Some days may be long, and others short, but I'll be writing something! Write31 encourages writers to pick one topic and write deeply on it for 31 days, but I figure it will be hard enough for me to write everyday so I decided my topic will be "whatever I want to write about that day." That probably makes me a blogging failure, but it's my blog so I figure its my spot to write about what I want to. I don't expect that I'll have many readers, but for those of you reading this - thank you! And hopefully you'll at least laugh a few times, possibly learn something new, and know that there is someone more weird than you in the world!

So because I don't any brilliant ideas on what to write about yet, and I always want to know how people spend their days I figured I'd give you a "day-in-the-life" glimpse at what I do. So here we go!

_________________________________________________________________________________

5:15ish - Wake Up

And it's sooo early!!! I know, there are probably people who wake up way earlier but to this recent college graduate, 5:00 is stinkin early! I miss the days of class at 9:00, wearing whatever you please, and a 5 minute walk to get there. But, now a 5:15 wake-up call it is! It gives me time to shower, get ready, have my quiet-time, eat some breakfast, and pack my lunch before heading out the door. I could probably get up later, but one thing I hate to be in the morning is rushed. I like to enjoy the quiet hours as the earth seems hushed before the hustle and bustle of the day happens.

7:00 Head out the door

It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to work. I generally don't mind the drive as it gives me a chance to turn my brain on before the day. I need the time to mentally prepare.

7:30 Worky-work!

The architecture firm I work at starts the work day at 7:30, which sometimes seems early - but its definitely worth it when half-day Friday rolls around!

Work looks different everyday and I love that! Right now I have my hand in three different projects so its fun working on different things. We have been working on a huge project that is wrapping up and it has been really busy. But this particular project allowed me to get to work with a lot of my coworkers right off the bat, so that was a blessing to get to know them better quickly. And let me just say, the other interior designers are stinkin awesome! I could write out a detailed description as to what I do at work all day, but I'll save that for another day this month!

12:00 Recess Lunch!

My philosophy is that lunch is to adults what recess is to little kids. I usually say to myself, "I just need five more minutes!" Lately, one of my coworkers and I have been sitting out on the patio and reading books during lunchtime. We have become the "book club" of the office. And let me just say I am so grateful to have her as a coworker, sister-in-Christ, and friend.

1:00 Hi-ho hi-ho, back to work I go!

There's lots to get done before it's time to go home!

5:30 Head home

Driving. No fun. Just want to be home. Blahhhh....

6:00 HOME!!

I am learning to like my little apartment. While it doesn't feel quite like home, its getting there. I would like to say I come home and fix an extravagant dinner, it's usually just leftovers or whatever I can whip up real fast.

It seems like every night after dinner I do something different, but I like that too. I am learning that after being in an office all day I just want to be outside, so my roommate C and I have been going and walking/running the trails at a nearby lake. The sunsets over the water are beautiful.

9:30,10:00,10:30 or whenever I can finally fall asleep

I usually try to go to bed sometime around 10, but if I'm really tired sometimes I don't make it that long. (#mamawprobs)

And that's a wrap!

Day 1 of Write31 is in the books!

Do you have anything you want me to share about or any fun blog ideas? I would love to hear you suggestions!

Check back tomorrow for day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment