Thursday, October 2, 2014

Joy

Sometimes joy just seems to be hard to find. You know it should be there, but there's nothing you can do to muster is it out of yourself. 

Maybe that's because it is impossible for us to create joy ourselves, and we can't find it in things or people.

Only God can give it. 

But sometimes I am too stubborn to sit at His feet and allow Him to wash over me.

My way seems better. My way seems more comfortable. My way seems more safe. My way means I am in control, which is something I like to be. 

But my way is not the best way. I do not know what God knows. I do not love like God loves.

My dad always says, "everyday is an opportunity to trust God."

And in this season, it seems like that is very true.

Am I going to trust Him or not?

Do I believe He is loving or not?

Do I believe He knows whats best or not?

These are some easy questions to skim over, but hard to let sink in.

But today God brought me some joy in what seems like the wilderness. 

"If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O LORD who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared." Psalm 130:3-4 


But with you there is forgiveness!!! Oh praise the Lord that he provides forgiveness! I've read over that verse several times today, and my heart still leaps with joy when I read, "but with you there is forgiveness." I am so incredibly thankful for Jesus and the forgiveness he gave me on the cross. I also pray that I would fear Him and obey Him.


Today's blog is definitely a rambling, but I couldn't help but want to share that verse. Maybe someone else needed to read it, and maybe God will use it to minister to you!

Check back tomorrow for day 3, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment