Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday!

This week has gone by incredibly fast. I had something going on every night, which I love because I am so not a home-body. But I also need to learn to rest. I hope you had a great, fun, restful week!

Here's my high-five for friday!

1. Last Friday night C and I went downtown to the art museum and took part in the Manhattan Short Film Festival. I had never been to anything like it and had no idea what to expect. They showed 10, 10-minute films at locations all around the world and had the audience vote on which was their favorite. I liked them all! Some of them were super cute, some super sad, and some super funny. It was so hard to pick my favorite!

After the art museum we headed to walk around Bricktown. We grabbed some food and sat on the canal for a while and it was a great time to just chat and relax.


2. Saturday my mom came up for a girl's day. Heritage Hills, a historic neighborhood in Oklahoma City was having its annual home tour and we had a really good time. I like LOVE old homes. The squeaky wooden floors, the over-sized moldings, the history of all the people that have made their lives in these homes. We had a great time going through all of them!


*Sidenote: on the way back to the car I told my mom I wanted to take a picture really quick. So we just happened to stop in front of this house. I was talking to my grandma that night and she told me she lived in a house in the neighborhood when a nice woman rented some of the bedrooms to young girls. According to the address my grandma told me, THIS IS THE SAME HOUSE! How crazy! Next time she is in town, I am going to drive her by it and get her to tell me stories about when she lived there. LOVE IT!



3. Tuesday was my mom's birthday so my parents came and we went to dinner at P.F. Chang's. It was good to see them in the middle of the week and have a nice little break. 

4. Friday Thursday Night Lights! I recently found out about a group called YoungLife and I absolutely love what their all about - loving kids as Jesus loves them and introducing them to Christ. You should check them out! (www.younglife.org) I am excited to grow deeper in my faith and make new friends! We went to the football game and cheered on the NW Classen Knights. It was a lot of fun despite the score being a little lopsided in the end. 

5. Half-day Friday! We work long days Monday-Thursday, and get off at noon on Friday. Today was particularly great because I was only in the office a little over an hour before heading out on a tour. We went and saw some recently completed buildings to see the furniture they used in preparation for a large project we are working on. The buildings were both absolutely stunning, and made me excited to see our project complete. At the second building, the interior designer gave us the tour. She did a beautiful job on the project. She kept saying "we" and then corrected herself to say "the client." She felt like she was actually apart of the company. It made me think I hope that when I get to work with clients I hope I can build the relationship where it feels like we are friends. She also was very enthusiastic about her job. It gave me some much needed encouragement. I love my job, but it is very different than school. The "behind-the-scenes" paperwork seems to take just as much time as the actual designing sometimes. But it was neat to be reminded that someday all our hard work will pay off. The last thing that stuck out to me on the tour was how important it is to make sure the design works well for the end user. I mean its great if its a beautiful design, but when people are spending 8-10 hours a day in the building it better work stinking well for them! 

(That was probably more of an interior designer rant than anyone wanted to hear, but it was just a great reminder for me today!)


I hope you all have had a great week as well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment